- Geof Cox's Blog
- Public Service Transformation
- Organisational structures - and restructuring
- Doing social enterprise
- Knowledge should be free
- Associates and trusted partners
- Джеф Кокс, информация на русском языке
Enterprise in the arts and creative industries
Geof Cox Associates work with arts organisations around
- developing trading opportunities or growing earned income
- feasibility study and business planning
- organisational change - developing the right company or other structure for new arts organisations, or organisational development planning and restructuring for mature organisations.
Geof Cox frequently designs structures for arts organisations that want to grow trading income, such as companies for The Paper Birds - a womens' theatre company focussing on the live nature of the theatrical experience - and Figment Theatre, a touring company that explores new ways to use theatre as a tool for social change.
Hannan Majid and Richard York are not only prodigiously talented young film makers - they also use their work to effect social change, not only by bringing subjects such as the lives of street children to a wider audience but also applying the profits made by their Rainbow Collective to directly benefit their subjects. Geof Cox helped them develop this business model and organisational structure.
Poperetta - a social enterprise established to provide jobs and training for people who would not normally be able to get into the creative industries - found itself with an old-fashioned constitution that did not reflect its real work and hampered fundraising. Geof Cox simply advised on a special resolution that deleted the old constitution and put in place a modern, more readily fundable structure. Total cost: £250!
Most recently, Geof Cox Associates have assisted the development of Lippy People, a spin-off from Dave Tomalin's Lippy Films, designed to enable marginalised people to tell their stories in new media. See some of their work here.
Geof Cox usually works with Susan Priestley of Cultural Partnerships on arts-related enterprise - Susan specialises in arts project development, management and funding.